Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 15, 2015

My goodness mom that was a mouthful!!  I loved it all though, I want to hear everything so I'm more than happy that you didn't omit much, I love all those stories.  And it's ok I'm making up for you being sluggish by doing a whole lot of work!  It's crazy how fast the language comes when you're working all the time on it and you're also working on growing close to the gospel.  Rebecca basically filled me in on all of girls camp in a dear elder and yeah it sounds like she had an absolute blast from what she told me as well.  I'm so glad you're getting to spend so much time with grandma and grandpa and I'm glad that the kids are doing so as well.  I miss them tons and just send them my love please.  Also Reilly gave me a copy of Matt's talk that he sent to her in a dear elder and I'm so proud of him and the talk he gave, he's going to be a great missionary and do great things.  Although by day 2 his head will hurt from all the Spanish thrown his way like you won't believe.  ByFriday here my head was about to cleave in 2.  But since then things have gone great, and my companions and I are getting along way and doing well at attempting to SYL always.  One of the things that I've done to help that is go to the laminating office they have here and getting pages shrunk down and laminated so that I can refer to all these phrases as slightly large laminated flashcards.  Plus I love being able to laminate whatever I want, a little too much so.  I was a little too excited to have lost one of my cards because it meant I got to go back and get a freshly laminated tiny one.  It makes my companions laugh.  I also got a wonderful letter from Uncle Art this week.  Uncle Art I just want to give you a shout out in the email and say thank you!  I absolutely loved it along with your sage pieces of advice.  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family around me, supporting me and buoying me up.  I love you all so very very much.  Also Nate sent me an email about being really ticked about being grounded, but now he knows he has to be nice to Rebecca if he wants to spend time with friends so I guess it's a lesson learned.  Also on Monday 7 of the 10 people in our district leave for the Spain MTC.  My companions and I are really sad, but also know it'll be for the best, especially when it comes to the classroom and trying to learn the language there.  

Anyway, I love the travel log and keep it coming every week.  I love hearing about how cute the kids are and going to museums and stuff.  Also I love that Ryan took Nate fishing, I bet he's glad he has a wonderful fisherman to take him fishing haha.  Now to fill you in on a little bit of what happened this week.  First off one of the girls in my zone is named Sister Sommers and I found out that one of my best friends from the Y, Quincy Haisley, and her are best friends.  It was a lot of fun to make that connection and then we proceeded to share funny stories with the other about are mutual bestie.  We have some wonderful people in our zone, I love them all.  THey're just so much fun and it's so great to make a whole lot of new friends.  It's also fun having people from the Y come in in droves every week.  It really does feel like a reunion.  I love it.  Plus some of my buddies who I would play bball with a lot arrived either last week or today so gym time is going to be a lot more fun now.  I've just been having a lot of fun meeting everyone and growing close to people while also working really hard on the language and just growing closer to the gospel.  I don't understand how people can dislike the MTC, yes the days can sometimes be long, but the experience has no compare.  And I'm sure the field is going to be twice as amazing, which just really really excites me.  

Anyway for a more spiritually oriented story.  One of the things that I had been struggling with is exact obedience.  My district leader is really really particular on it and my attitude is that if I still have a thought I want to finish in my journal entry then I want to finish it.  Anyway, I had been trying really hard to not distract my other companions, go out in the hall and just take 5-10 more minutes to finish up, but then my district leader would come out and pester me until I came inside.  It was really starting to get on my nerves and I resolved that if he were to do it again that I would sorta tell him to stop concerning himself with something that he shouldn't be stressing himself over.  Anyway, that day I decided to pray about it before my personal study and ask to receive an answer as to how I should handle this situation when I firmly believed that neither of us were in the wrong and that he should just concern himself with more important matters.  Anyway I read in the Book of Mormon and then in my Patriarchal Blessing and I received an answer loud and clear.  Basically while I was reading I came across a sentence that councilled me to be easily teachable and corrected, especially when it comes to offices of the priesthood.  And it sorta hit me that whether I like it or not that I need to be obedient to someone that was called to be my district leader, and that although I don't agree with some of the ways he goes about things, that I need to respect him.  So although I'm not his biggest fan, since then I've felt really humbled just in the fact that I received an answer to my prayer and I've just resolved to get started writing a little earlier so that it doesn't need to get to the point of not being able to finish.  Also I watched Meet the Mormons for the first time here and I cried.  It's such a touching documentary just some of the stories and it was just so well made and fun to watch.  

Anyway that's about it on this end.  Also in answer to your first question, my companions have been compiling an album of my episodes of narcolepsy.  The other day I hit a wall in class that I just could not push through no matter what.  My companions would hit me, I'd open my eyes for a few seconds, and then I'd be right back asleep.  It went that way for about 30 minutes until I almost slid completely out of my chair.  I was awake after that.  Most times I've been pretty good about being able to push through, or just going to get some water real quick and coming back.  One thing that has really helped is getting a fan and keeping it pointed my way for the lesson. I guess narcolepsy has its perks of getting a fan all to yourself in the month of July.  But anyway I'll be sure to send you some of the photos, they're pretty funny.  I love you so so so so so so much mom!  Oh and also don't ever feel bad for not sending me a box of goodies or something because one of our roommates seems to get at least 1 a day.  And he got 3 yesterday.  So the last thing we need is more tempting goodies in our room.  Anyway I love you all so very much and I'm excited to hear from you next week!  I'll send pictures in just a few minutes!

Love,

(Elder) Christopher Belnap.

^Just trying to not forget that my first name is actually Christopher and not Elder that's all                                                                                                                                                                         
MTC, CAB and ?

MTC district

Narcolepsy.1

Narcolepsy.2

Narcolepsy.3

No comments:

Post a Comment