Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2, 2015

Well, I do have time this week to send out a quick email!  And hopefully a couple pictures as well, but probably not!  We spent our P-day here in Novgorod, and it was so much fun!  We're starting our splits in a couple of hours, but we made it to the Kremlin, and out to this Wooden Village.  Elder Simonsen and I had a great time there, and we got some cool pictures of us jumping in the air with a brromstick that looked like a Nimbus 2000 (not really though, probably more similar to the brooms Fred and George would ride).  We also just had a great week, gave a blessing to a member, watched a regional broadcast which was just SO GOOD.  And I got to watch it in English too so I can actually say that it was so good!  We totally forgot it was Halloween until we stopped by a Less-Active Member's home and she wished us a Happy Halloween on our way out the door!  Oh well, it wouldn't have changed the plan for the night anyways.  I'll just share one really cool experience from this week and then I'll have to dip!  Also no pictures this week, but I have a lot of good ones for next!  Anyway, Elder Simonsen and I have been having our companionship unity issues for the last couple of weeks (sounding like an old married couple, which I guess we kinda are at this point) and we had Weekly Planning this last Saturday (had to move it around for Zone Training and MLC).  Anyway, we had just a lot of really good conversations and tried really hard to find out what the center of our issues were.  I got to close with a prayer, and usually we pray in Russian, but after saying the first couple of words in Russian, I just felt like I had to pray in English.  And it was awesome, easily the most powerful I've felt the Spirit while giving a prayer.  I know that the Lord is just waiting for a lot of us to really learn how to communicate and truly rely on him.  Praying in English was the best thing that could have happened because I was more able to accurately express the feelings I felt in my heart.  It was honestly just incredible.  We got on the streets that night and had what was easily our best contacting night, and we did the same yesterday, and we're planning on doing the same.  We've already found an awesome potential in that time who we're planning on reaching tonight.  Anyway, I love you all, and I love the opportunity I have to be here!  I hope you have a great week, and give dad a big hug and kiss from me for his birthday in just a couple days!  Glad you had a lot of fun, and I love the pictures of Nate and Rebecca by the way!  Anyway, have a great week, sorry I couldn't include more!  I'll say it again, love you tons!

Love, 

Elder Belnap

P.S.  Send Matt my love and support please, he's such a trooper :).   

No comments:

Post a Comment